This medication is an anorectic anti-obesity agent, prescribed for obesity and management of body weight as adjunct to diet and exercise. It blocks endogenous cannabinoid binding to neuronal CB1 receptors.
PO- The usual dose is one 20mg tablet to be taken once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, before breakfast.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, epilepsy, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, loss of appetite, dry mouth, vomiting, gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, mood changes, sleep disorder, diarrhea, depression, anxiety, memory loss.
• Skin : Itching, excessive sweating.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps or spasm, tendon pain and inflammation, back pain and joint sprain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Dysthymia or persistent depressive disorder (PDD) is a chronic low mood and self-esteem affecting ...
Vitamin A is an extremely vital vitamin needed for the eyes, skin, hair, immunity and during ...
Blood groups are of four important types determined by the presence or absence of specific ...View All