This medication is a beta-blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure and chest pain. It is also used to prevent migraine headaches and recurrence of heart attacks. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with shock due to heart problems, heart failure, asthma, and very low blood pressure, children with congenital heart disease, asthma and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 80-240 mg twice daily. The maximum dose is 640 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, lung, liver or kidney disease, poor blood circulation, breathing problems, sugar, low blood sugar, overactive thyroid, increased eye pressure, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, or vision changes, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Slow heart rate, heart failure, low blood pressure, tingling of hands and bruising.
• Central Nervous System : Lightheadedness, mental depression, sleeplessness, weakness, fatigue, visual disturbances, hallucinations, vivid dreams, memory loss, emotional lability, fatigue, lethargy and vivid dreams.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, abdominal cramping, diarrhea and constipation.
• Allergic reactions : Shock, rash, fever combined with pain and sore throat and respiratory distress.
• Respiratory : Asthma.
• Blood : Bruising, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Skin : Skin inflammation, rash, hives, hair loss and redness of the skin.
• Genitourinary : Male impotence and peyronie's disease (penis in duration).
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° to 25° C).
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All