Note: This brand is not available in US market.
This medication is an antihistamine and antiemetic, prescribed for allergic conditions, prevention of motion sickness, and to control nausea and vomiting during and after surgery. It controls nausea and vomiting by changing the actions of chemicals in brain.
Contraindicated in patients with asthma, children less than 2 years, and hypersensitivity.
Avoid subcutaneous administration.
The average oral dose is 25 mg taken before retiring; however, 12.5 mg may be taken before meals and on retiring, if necessary.
Motion Sickness- The average adult dose is 25 mg taken twice daily. The initial dose should be taken one-half to one hour before anticipated travel and be repeated 8 to 12 hours later, if necessary.
Nausea and Vomiting- Adults- The recommended dosage is 25 mg.
It comes as a tablet, capsule, liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as rectal suppositories, to insert through the rectum.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nervous system problems, bone marrow depression, heart problems, blood disease, increased eye pressure, low blood pressure, liver disease, ulcers, urinary obstruction, enlarged prostate, Parkinson disease, seizures, Reye syndrome, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of tissue injury, seizures and Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS); if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness, confusion, disorientation, weakness, ringing in the ear, incoordination, fatigue, emotion, nervousness, double vision, sleeplessness, tremors, convulsive seizures, excitement and hallucinations.
• Heart : Increased or decreased blood pressure, fast/slow heart rate and faintness.
• Skin : Skin inflammation, sensitivity to light and hives.
• Blood : Bruising, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting and jaundice.
• Respiratory : Asthma, nasal stuffiness and respiratory depression.
It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20º to 25ºC).
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All