Note: Brands are not available in US market.
This medication is a central nervous system stimulant, prescribed for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended initial dose is 37.5 mg/day. This daily dose should be gradually increased by 18.75 mg at one-week interval.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of mental illness, kidney or liver disease, Tourette's syndrome, drug dependence, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may experience with dark urine or yellowish skin; if it is so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Liver :
Reversible increase in liver enzymes, jaundice and life- threatening liver failure.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Central Nervous System : Seizures, Tourette syndrome, hallucinations, movement disorder, night blindness, depression, dizziness, increased irritability, headache, drowsiness and sleeplessness.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
• Genitourinary : Prostate enlargement.
• Miscellaneous : Suppression of growth in children.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store as per instructions on label.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All