Note: Brands are not available in US market.
This medication is a central nervous system stimulant, prescribed for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended initial dose is 37.5 mg/day. This daily dose should be gradually increased by 18.75 mg at one-week interval.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of mental illness, kidney or liver disease, Tourette's syndrome, drug dependence, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may experience with dark urine or yellowish skin; if it is so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Liver :
Reversible increase in liver enzymes, jaundice and life- threatening liver failure.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Central Nervous System : Seizures, Tourette syndrome, hallucinations, movement disorder, night blindness, depression, dizziness, increased irritability, headache, drowsiness and sleeplessness.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
• Genitourinary : Prostate enlargement.
• Miscellaneous : Suppression of growth in children.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store as per instructions on label.
A patient's struggle with Issacs' syndrome with no cure. Also known as neuromyotonia it is a rare ...
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...View All