This medication is a non-opiate, analgesic and antipyretic, prescribed for headache, pain (muscle ache, backache) and fever either alone or combined with other medications. It changes the way the body senses pain and cools the body.
Adults: 0.5-1gm, 3-6 times daily max 4gm. Children: 15mg/kg/dose or 60mg/kg/24hr divided every 6 hrs. Maximum 5 doses SOS.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, bleeding problems, growths in the nose, heart, kidney or liver disease, liver inflammation, high blood pressure, chickenpox, anxiety, trouble in sleeping, ulcers, stomach problems, stroke, Kawasaki syndrome, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It should not be used in children with infections such as flu, chickenpox or viral infections.
• Avoid large amount of caffeinated beverages while taking this medication.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity may result in liver failure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Strokes occur when blood flow to an area of the brain is cut off. It is imperitive to detect the ...
Bile duct cancer occurs either within the liver or the point where the bile ducts emerge from the ...
Xeroderma pigmentosum is a rare inherited condition marked by extreme sensitivity to sunlight and ...View All