This medication is a non-opiate, analgesic and antipyretic, prescribed for headache, pain (muscle ache, backache) and fever either alone or combined with other medications. It changes the way the body senses pain and cools the body.
Adults: 0.5-1gm, 3-6 times daily max 4gm. Children: 15mg/kg/dose or 60mg/kg/24hr divided every 6 hrs. Maximum 5 doses SOS.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, bleeding problems, growths in the nose, heart, kidney or liver disease, liver inflammation, high blood pressure, chickenpox, anxiety, trouble in sleeping, ulcers, stomach problems, stroke, Kawasaki syndrome, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It should not be used in children with infections such as flu, chickenpox or viral infections.
• Avoid large amount of caffeinated beverages while taking this medication.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity may result in liver failure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All