This medication is an antineoplastic agent, prescribed for colorectal cancer either alone or with other medications.
Contraindicated in patients with severe lung problem and hypersensitivity.
Adult: IV Advanced colorectal cancer- with fluorouracil and folinic acid: 85 mg/m2 2 weekly.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver problems, blood disorders, nerve disorders, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, fatigue, balance problems, temporary vision loss, or other vision changes, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Drink plenty of fluids to avoid become dehydrated.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid vaccination.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• ♦Patient may develop with increased risk of Reversible Posterior Leukoencephalopathy Syndrome with the following symptoms: headache, confusion, seizures and visual loss. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Most Common :
Peripheral sensory neuropathies, fatigue, decrease in platelet counts, nausea, vomitting and diarrhea.
• Allergy : Severe allergic reactions.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Skin : Hand/foot syndrome, injection site reaction.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, mouth ulcer, loss of appetite, constipation and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Increased sugar and dehydration.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency.
• Central Nervous System : Nerve disease and tingling.
• Respiratory : Cough, difficulty in breathing and hiccups.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All