This medication is a proton pump inhibitor, prescribed for indigestion, peptic ulcer and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD/GERD). It works by decreasing stomach acid production.
PO- The recommended adult oral dose is 20 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, before food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of osteoporosis, stomach cancer, liver or kidney disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Body As a Whole :
Hypersensitivity reactions including shock, asthma, hives, fever, pain, fatigue and uneasiness.
• Heart : Chest pain, fast or slow heart rate, palpitations, high blood pressure and swelling in the extremities.
• Genitourinary : Breast enlargement in male.
• Metabolic : Low sugar and weight gain.
♦ • Musculoskeletal : Muscle weakness, muscle cramps/pain, joint pain, leg pain, immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy (IMNM) and bone fracture.
• Central Nervous System : Sleep disturbances, depression, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, confusion, nervousness, apathy, drowsiness, anxiety, dream abnormalities, tremors, tingling and uneasiness.
• Respiratory : Nose bleed and pharyngeal pain.
• Skin : Stevens-Johnson syndrome, hives, rash, inflammation, itching, hair loss and dry skin.
• Eye and ENT : Ringing in the ear, taste perversion, dry eye, blurred vision, double vision and eye irritation.
• Genitourinary : Blood in urine, protein in urine, urinary tract infection, urinary frequency and testicular pain.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from heat and light.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All