This medication is a synthetic octapeptide, prescribed for acromegaly. It is also used to control diarrhea and flushing caused by cancer. It decreases the amount of certain natural substances produced by the body.
Initial: SC- The recommended dose is 50 - 100µg twice a day. It may be increased upto 500µg twice a day.
It comes as a solution to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gallstones, kidney disease, sugar, thyroid problems, heart disease, poor nutrition, elderly, children, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or vision changes, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level with confusion, drowsiness or increased thirst; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Monitor blood sugar level, growth hormone level and thyroid function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, gall stone formation, abdominal pain, nausea, hair loss, headache and nose bleed.
♦ • Blood: Decrease in platelet counts.
• Miscellaneous : Dizziness, generalized pain, muscle pain, itching, rash, fatigue and flatulence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2-8°C), and do not freeze it.
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All