This medication is a nitrate, prescribed for chest pain. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with pre-existing severe chest pain and hypersensitivity.
Adult: As a 0.4% ointment: Apply 1.5 mg intra-anally every 12 hr for upto 8 wk.
It comes as an ointment to apply topically.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart failure, low blood pressure, increased eye pressure, anemia, heart attack, stroke, head injury, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from while taking this medication.
• It may lead to dehydration, if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• If condition worsens consult with your doctor.
• General :
Headache, lightheadedness, fainting, increased chest pain and low blood pressure.
• Local : Rash, itching and hives.
Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this ointment.
Store it at room temperature.
Sarcoma, is a cancer that may arise from several soft-tissues or bone. Treatment in early stages is ...
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...View All