This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
Initial- The recommended dose is 20 mg orally once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of chest pain, blood vessel disease, heart disease, liver impairment, low blood pressure, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Body As A Whole :
Skin infection, chills, facial edema, fever, flu syndrome and uneasiness.
• Heart : Atrial fibrillation, abnormal heart rhythm, heart failure, first degree AV block, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, migraine, heart attack.
• Gastrointestinal : Abnormal liver function tests, loss of appetite, intestinal inflammation, diarrhea, dry mouth, indigestion, difficulty in swallowing, flatulence, gastrointestinal bleeding, gum inflammation, tongue inflammation, liver enlargement, increased appetite, blood stool, mouth ulcer.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells.
• Metabolic : Gout, hypokalemia, increased serum creatine kinase, increased non-protein nitrogen, weight gain, weight loss and diabetes.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, leg cramps, muscle pain, myasthenia, inflammation of skeletal muscles.
• Central Nervous System : Abnormal dreams, abnormal thinking and confusion, memory loss, anxiety, incoordination, stroke, decreased libido, depression, increased muscle tone, sleeplessness, nervousness, tingling, drowsiness, tremor, vertigo.
• Respiratory : Asthma, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, nosebleed, increased cough, inflammation of larynx, pharynx, lung infection.
• Skin : Pimples, hair loss, dry skin, fungal dermatitis, herpes simplex, herpes zoster, rash, itching, skin discoloration, skin ulcer, sweating, hives.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal vision, eye inflammation, ear pain, increased eye pressure, itchy eyes, ear infection, retinal detachment, ringing in the ear, watery eyes, taste disturbances, temporary loss of vision.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstrual period, blood in urine, impotence, night time urination, urinary frequency, increased BUN and serum creatinine, vaginal bleeding, and vaginitis.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20-25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...
Sea food allergy is the adverse response of the body''s immune system to the proteins present in ...View All