This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for angina (chest pain), high blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythms. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with very low blood pressure or shock due to heart problems and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- The starting dose is one 10 mg 3 times/day. The usual effective dose range is 10-20 mg three times daily.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of chest pain, blood vessel problems, recent heart attack, irregular heartbeat; low blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, swelling in the extremities, fluid in lungs, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Dizziness, lightheadedness, or faintness, headache, weakness, flushing, nausea, heartburn, muscle cramps, sore throat and swelling of feet or lower legs.
• Heart : Swelling in the extremities and palpitations.
Nausea, diarrhea, constipation, cramps and flatulence.
• Respiratory : Nasal and chest congestion and shortness of breath.
• Musculoskeletal : Inflammation, joint stiffness and muscle cramps.
• Central Nervous System : Shakiness, nervousness, jitteriness, sleep disturbances, blurred vision and difficulty in balance.
• Miscellaneous : Skin inflammation, itching, hives, fever, increased sweating, chills and sexual disorders.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 25°C).
Sarcoma, is a cancer that may arise from several soft-tissues or bone. Treatment in early stages is ...
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...View All