This medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for pain, fever, inflammation and stiffness due to various disease conditions. It works by reducing hormones that cause pain, fever, and inflammation.
Adult: PO- 0.5-1 g in 1-2 divided doses, upto 6 months if needed. Up to 1.5 g/day in patients who can tolerate lower doses.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding problems, heart, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, stomach or bowel problems, dehydration, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause stomach ulcer or bleeding.
• Body as a Whole :
Allergic reactions, menstrual disorders, chills and fever.
• Gastrointestinal : Heartburn, abdominal pain, nausea, constipation, blood in stools, diarrhea, indigestion and mouth ulcer.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness and vertigoInability to concentrate, depression, dream abnormalities, sleeplessness, uneasiness, muscle pain, muscle weakness, mental illness, convulsions.
• Skin : Itching, skin eruptions, increased sweating and bruising.
• ENT : Ringing in the ear, visual disturbances and hearing disturbances.
• Heart : Edema, palpitations, heart failure, high blood pressure and lung swelling.
• General : Difficulty in breathing and increased thirst.
• Liver : Jaundice and abnormal liver function tests.
• Blood : Eosinophilia, leucopenia, blood in stools, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Metabolic : Decrease/increase in blood sugar.
• Respiratory : Lung inflammation and asthma.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15ï¿½ to 30ï¿½C).
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All