This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for urinary tract infections. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Adults: The recommended dosage for initial therapy in adults is 1g administered four times daily for one or two weeks.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood disease, convulsions, who are undergoing cancer chemotherapy, Alzheimer disease, liver, kidney, heart or CNS diseases, any allergies, who are taking other medications, in children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• This medication may cause sunburn more easily. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing.
• This medication is not used to treat viral infections.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Muscle pain, confusion, depression, weakness, headache, dizziness, faintness and unusual sensations.
• Allergic reactions : Skin rash, hives and itching.
♦ • Miscellaneous : Joint/muscle pain, jaundice and decrease in platelet counts and tendon rupture.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children. Do not allow the liquid to freeze.
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All