This medication is a tranquilizer, prescribed for emotional and mental conditions. It works by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain.
Contraindicated in patients with coma, severe central nervous system depression, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose range is 10 – 250 mg/day in divided doses.
It comes as a capsule and liquid to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of seizures, difficulty in urinating, increased eye pressure, breast cancer, brain tumor, heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Do not become overheated; otherwise it may cause heat stroke.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS) with the following symptoms: increased body heat, muscle rigidity, altered mental abilities. If it so consult with your doctor.
• Central Nervous System :
Dizziness, faintness, staggering gait, muscle twitching, weakness, sleeplessness, agitation, tension, seizures, slurred speech, numbness and confusion.
• Heart : Fast heart rate, low/high blood pressure, lightheadedness and fainting.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Skin : Skin inflammation, swelling, itching, rash, hair loss and scaling.
• Anticholinergic : Dry mouth, nose congestion, constipation, blurred vision, urinary retention and intestinal obstruction.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, jaundice and/liver inflammation.
• Others : Weight gain, weight loss, difficulty in breathing, fever, flushing, headache, tingling, increased thirst, absence of menstrual period, breast enlargement in male and menstrual irregularity.
Some patients may develop with involuntary movements; if it so consult with your doctor.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C).
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...
There is a lining between the lungs and chest wall known as Pleura. The dismissal of pleura by a ...View All