This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for allergic conditions. It blocks histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Contraindicated in pregnant women, newborns.
Po- Adults: 10 mg daily as a single dose.
Children: <30kg- 5 mg once a day; > 30 kg: 10 mg once a day.
It comes as a tablet, syrup, and suspension to take by mouth with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with liver or kidney disease, and epilepsy.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Fatigue, giddiness, dizziness, dry mouth, headache, nausea and drowsiness.
• Metabolic : Increased tears, salivation, flushing, impotence, increased sweating and thirst.
• Body as a Whole : Swelling in the extremities, weakness, back pain, blurred vision, chest pain, earache, eye pain, fever, leg cramps, uneasiness, rigors, ringing in the ear and weight gain.
• Heart : High/low blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart rate and fainting.
• Central Nervous System : Increased muscle tone, tingling, tremor and unsteadiness.
• Gastrointestinal : Altered taste, loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence, hiccups, increased appetite, loose stools and vomiting.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint/muscle pain.
• Psychiatric : Agitation, memory loss, confusion, decreased sexual drive, depression, impaired concentration, sleeplessness and irritability.
• Reproductive : Breast pain, painful menstruation and vaginal inflammation.
• Respiratory System : Asthma, coughing, difficulty in breathing, bloodstained sputum, nasal dryness, inflammation of sinus and sneezing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store between 2° and 25°C.
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All