Generic Name : Lomustine Pronunciation : loe mus' teen
Therapeutic Classification : Chemotherapy Trade Name(s):
India- Lomtin Cap, Lomustine Cap, Lomuwin, Lomat, Moostin, ustine Cap, VHB NU.
International- CeeNU. Why it is prescribed (Indications) : This medication is an alkylating agent, prescribed for certain types of cancer. It stops or slows the growth of cancer cells. When it is not to be taken (Contraindications): Hypersensitivity.
Dosage & When it is to be taken :
Initial- PO- The recommended dose is 130 mg/m2 as a single dose every 6 weeks. How it should be taken : It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach. Warnings and Precautions :
* Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow, heart, lung, breathing, liver, or kidney problems, any infection, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
* Avoid contact with people who have infections.
* Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise patient may develop with increased risk of secondary cancer.
* Monitor liver, kidney, lung function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication. Side Effects :
Severe effects - Liver, kidney, gastrointestinal and lung damage.
* Avoid excess dosage. Storage Conditions :
Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C) and in an airtight container.
Comment & Contribute
Ask an Expert