This medication is an alkylating agent, prescribed for certain types of cancer. It stops or slows the growth of cancer cells.
Initial- PO- The recommended dose is 130 mg/m2 as a single dose every 6 weeks.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow, heart, lung, breathing, liver, or kidney problems, any infection, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise patient may develop with increased risk of secondary cancer.
• Monitor liver, kidney, lung function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Severe effects : Liver, kidney, gastrointestinal and lung damage.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C) and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Drug abuse is a negative social trend that pushes youth to drug addiction in the pretext of getting ...
Proper understanding of waste collection, segregation and management is required to reduce the ...
Leukoplakia refers to a painless, raised white patch in the mouth that does not go away on rubbing, ...View All