This medication is prescribed for treating certain bacterial infections, and preventing anthrax. It is a quinolone antibiotic. It kills sensitive bacteria.
Contraindicated in people with known hypersensitivity, children younger than 18 years.
Dosage varies from 250 to 750 mg daily for 7 to 14 days. It may be administered for 3 days for urinary tract infection and 28 days for prolonged infection of the prostate.
It comes as a tablet and a solution (liquid) to take by mouth (orally). It is usually taken once a day with or without food. (Ensure adequate fluid intake.) Oral solution: Should be taken on an empty stomach also given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic.
• Two hours time interval should be there in between antacids, didanosine and to this medication.
• It may cause dizziness, tiredness. Do not drive a car, operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of prolonged QT interval, irregular heartbeat, nerve problems, low level of potassium in your blood, slow heartbeat, thickening and hardening of the walls of the arteries in the brain, seizures, chest pain or liver disease.
• ♦Pediatric patients may develop with increased risk of musculoskeletal disorders; consult with your healthcare provider about this.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation and inflammation of the throat.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, sleeplessness, seizures, dizziness, confusion, hearing voices that do not exist and depression.
• Eye and ENT: Transient decrease in vision, ocular burning, ocular pain or discomfort and foreign body sensation.
• Miscellaneous: Injection site reactions, fever, excessive sensitivity to light and chest pain.
Monitor liver, kidney, blood cells regularly while taking this medication.
Intravenous: Store below 25°C (77°F). Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...
Our kitchen and food has the best medicinal properties to fight stress. These are the top 10 foods ...View All