This medication is an ophthalmic beta-blocker, prescribed for open-angle glaucoma. It works by decreasing the pressure in the eye.
Contraindicated in patients with asthma, heart disease and hypersensitivity.
Solution 0.5% - The recommended starting dose is one to two drops into the affected eye(s) once a day.
It comes as eye drops to instill into the affected eyes.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of thyroid, heart, or lung disease, heart failure, diabetes, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause blurred vision and in some cases drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level, monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Eye :
Stinging or burning, discomfort, redness, itching of the eye, decreased vision and swelling of the eyelids.
• Body As A Whole : Headache, weakness and chest pain.
• Heart : Slow heart rate, low blood pressure, fainting, stroke, abnormal heart rhythm, heart block, heart failure and palpitations.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Depression, confusion, increase in signs and symptoms of myasthenia gravis and tingling.
• Skin : Hypersensitivity, rash, hair loss and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
• Respiratory : Asthma, lung failure, difficulty in breathing and nose congestion.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Keep this medication out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature.
Sarcoma, is a cancer that may arise from several soft-tissues or bone. Treatment in early stages is ...
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...View All