This medication is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist (hormonal chemotherapy), prescribed for prostate cancer, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and central precocious puberty. It decreases levels of certain hormones in the body.
Contraindicated in pregnant women and patients with known hypersensitivity.
SC- The recommended dose is 1 mg/day (0.2 ml or 20 unit mark) administered as a single dose.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, high blood sugar, urinary problems, spinal cord problems, heart disease, stroke, weak bones, osteoporosis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may decrease certain hormone levels, they may cause severe side effects such as breast size changes, breast soreness or tenderness, testicular changes, irregular periods, decreased sexual ability, hot flashes. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of bone weakness, sugar; if you experience with unusual pain or tiredness consult with your doctor.
• Monitor blood testosterone levels, prostate-specific antigen (PSA), hemoglobin, blood glucose and bone density regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Heart failure, ECG changes, high blood pressure, murmur, inflammation of blood vessels, fluid accumulation and swelling.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, constipation, nausea and vomiting.
• Genitourinary : Decreased testicular size, breast enlargement in male, breast tenderness or pain, hot flashes, impotence urine frequency/urgency, blood in urine and urinary tract infection.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Musculoskeletal : Bone/muscle pain.
♦ • Central Nervous System : Dizziness, lightheadedness, general pain, headache, convulsions and sleep disorders.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and nasal congestion.
• Skin : Skin inflammation.
• Miscellaneous : Weakness.
It should not be used in children.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature. Keep away from children.
A patient's struggle with Issacs' syndrome with no cure. Also known as neuromyotonia it is a rare ...
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...View All