This medication is a proton pump inhibitor, prescribed for gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), erosive esophagitis (inflammation of esophagus), and Zollinger-Ellison (gastric acid hyper secretion) syndrome. It blocks the enzyme in the stomach that produces acid.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 15 – 30 mg once daily. Higher dose is needed in Zollinger – Ellison syndrome.
It comes as a delayed-release (long-acting) capsule and granules to make a delayed-release solution (liquid) to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day, before eating. Do not crush or chew the capsules. Swallow the medication whole. Injection administered into the vein.
• While taking sucralfate (Carafate), take it at least 30 minutes after lansoprazole.
• It may affect liver function.
• Gastric malignancy should be ruled out.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with osteoporosis, liver problem, bowel cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Central Nervous System:
• Skin: Severe allergic reactions.
• Eye and ENT: Speech disorder.
• Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, inflammation of pancreas and vomiting.
• Genitourinary: Urinary retention.
• Blood: Decrease in white blood cells, platelets, neutrophils, anemia and bleeding.
• Liver: Liver damage.
• Miscellaneous: Injection site pain/reaction and life threatening allergic reactions.
Do not change the dose or stop taking this medication unless advised by health care provider.
Injection: Store at 25°C (77°F). Oral: Store at 25°C (77°F). Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...View All