This medication is an antifungal agent, prescribed for treating fungal infections. It interferes with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and kills fungi.
Contraindicated in patients with severe kidney problems, congestive heart failure, co-administration with cisapride, oral midazolam, nisoldipine, pimozide, quinidine, dofetilide, triazolam and levacetylmethadol, hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 100 to 200 mg once daily (2 capsules).
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of HIV infection, weakened immune system, kidney or liver problems, abnormal liver function tests, lung or breathing problems, irregular heartbeat, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and loss appetite.
• Body as a Whole : Fluid retention, fatigue, fever and uneasiness.
• Skin : Rash and itching.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, decreased sexual activity and drowsiness.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
• Metabolic : Decrease in potassium level.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
• Liver : Abnormal liver function.
♦ • Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
A patient's struggle with Issacs' syndrome with no cure. Also known as neuromyotonia it is a rare ...
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...View All