This medication is a nitrate, prescribed for angina pectoris due to coronary artery disease. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in the body, allowing them to widen.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose regimen is 20 mg (one tablet) twice daily.
It comes as a capsule and tablet to be placed under the tongue.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of anemia, increased eye pressure, head injury, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Heart :
Chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, low blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart rate and fainting.
• Skin : Itching and rash.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, diarrhea, indigestion, tooth disorder and vomiting.
• Genitourinary : Painful urination, impotence and increased urinary frequency.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Central Nervous System : Agitation, anxiety, confusion, incoordination, increased appetite, sleeplessness, nervousness and nightmares.
• Respiratory : Asthma and upper-respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous : Weakness, blurred vision, cold sweats, double vision, uneasiness, neck stiffness and rigors.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat or cold.
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All