This medication is an essential mineral, prescribed as a nutrient, antiseptic, thyroid agent and expectorant.
Contraindicated in pregnant women and known hypersensitivity.
Adult- The recommended dose is 150 mcg/day.
Child- The recommended dose is 90 to 120mcg/day.
Topical: Ointment/Gel- Apply as directed by your physician.
It comes as a liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a solution for topical application.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver diseases, tuberculosis, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
• Heart :
Irregular heart beat.
• Central Nervous System : Confusion and unusual tiredness.
• Skin : Pimples and rash.
• ENT : Swelling of neck, throat or salivary glands.
• Gastrointestinal : Bleeding.
• Metabolic : Thyroid gland enlargement.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, allergic reactions, pain or weakness in hands or feet.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All