This medication is an antihistamine with anticholinergic effect, prescribed for anxiety and tension. It is also used for pruritus and urticaria.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity and during early pregnancy.
Pruritus: The recommended dose is 25 mg given 3 or 4 times daily.
Anxiety and tension: The recommended dose is 50 to 100 mg 4 times daily.
It comes as a tablet, syrup and drops to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with asthma, increased eye pressure, difficulty in urinating, intestinal blockage, prostate disease, blood dyscriasis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in newborns.
• Anticholinergic :
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness and headache.
• Body as a Whole : Allergic reactions.
• Psychiatric : Hallucinations.
• Skin : Itching, rash and hives.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Our kitchen and food has the best medicinal properties to fight stress. These are the top 10 foods ...
Unripe green papaya fruit is a rich source of important nutrients including vitamins, proteins, & ...
Selfie obsession or selfitis, an obsessive, uncontrollable urge to post self-taken photographs on ...View All