This medication is an opioid analgesic, prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It works in the brain and nervous system to reduce pain.
Contraindicated in patients with respiratory depression, asthma and hypersensitivity.
Dose is based on patient’s condition.
It comes as a tablet, syrup to take by mouth. It also comes as a rectal suppository.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, alcoholism, lung or thyroid disease, heart disease, prostate enlargement, urinary problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may lead to constipation; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise patient may get addicted to this drug.
• Severe effects :
Respiratory depression, shortness of breath, poor blood circulation, respiratory arrest and shock.
• Most Common : Light-headedness, dizziness, sedation, nausea, vomiting, increased sweating, flushing, anxiety, dry mouth and itching.
• Central Nervous System : Weakness, headache, agitation, tremor, uncoordinated muscle movements, nervousness, depression, floating feeling, dreams, muscle rigidity, tingling, muscle tremor, blurred vision, night blindness, double vision, disorientation, visual disturbances and increased intracranial pressure.
• Heart : Flushing of the face, chills, fast/slow heart rate, palpitations, faintness and low/high blood pressure.
• Respiratory : Asthma.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, intestinal spasm, ileus, loss of appetite, diarrhea, cramps and taste alteration.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention or hesitancy.
• Skin : Hives and skin rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and protect from light. Store suppositories in the refrigerator.
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...
There is a lining between the lungs and chest wall known as Pleura. The dismissal of pleura by a ...View All