Generic Name : Hydrocortisone Pronunciation : hye droe kor' ti sone Therapeutic Classification : Anorectal Preparations ICD Code : Y53.9
India- Alcort Vial, Arvisone Inj, Cardol Vial, Cipcorlin Inj, Cortecyclin Oint, Cort-H Oint, Cortola-M Eye Drops, Cort-S Vial, Cortygard Inj, Drocort Cream, Drucort Vial, Efcorlin Inj Vial, Efficort Cream, Eldercoid Lipocream, Entofoam Aerosol Foam, Geocort Vial, H.S Vial, H-Cort Vial, Hisone Tab, Hisone Vial, Hobutide Vial, Hycort Crm Cream, Hycort Vial, Hycoson Vial, Hydrocortisone Sod Succinate Inj, Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate Vial, Hy-Sone Inj, Hyss Vial, Hyver Inj, Intacorlin Vial, Irays Vial, Labocort Vial, Lacticare-Hc Lotion, Locoid Lipocrm Cream, Lycor Cream, Lycortin-S Vial, M-Cort Vial, Multicort Vial, Multifungin-H Cream, Niscort Vial, Novacort Vial, Primacort Vial, Q.D 4 Cream, Shcorty-H17 Cream, Smuth Cream, Succicort Vial, Tendrone Cream, Tocor Inj, Unicort Vial, Wycort Inj, Wycort Vial, Wycort With Neomycin Oint.
International- Cortef, Hydrocortone. Why it is prescribed (Indications) :
This medication is a corticosteroid, prescribed for severe allergies, arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis and skin conditions. It is also used to treat certain types of cancer. When it is not to be taken (Contraindications):
Contraindicated in patients with systemic fungal infection, who are taking mifepristone and hypersensitivity.
Dosage & When it is to be taken :
IV- The recommended dose is 20mg per day. How it should be taken :
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein. Warnings and Precautions :
* Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney, intestinal, or heart disease, diabetes, underactive thyroid gland, high blood pressure, mental illness, myasthenia gravis, osteoporosis, herpes eye infection, seizures, tuberculosis (TB), ulcers, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
* It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
* Avoid contact with people who have infections.
* It may cause unusual changes in vision; if it is so consult with your doctor.
* It may affect blood sugar; monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication. Side Effects :
Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances - Sodium retention, fluid retention, heart failure, high blood pressure and potassium loss.
Musculoskeletal - Muscle weakness, loss of muscle mass, joint inflammation, vertebral compression fractures and cell death in thighbone.
Gastrointestinal - Peptic ulcer, stomach bleeding, abdominal distention and ulcerative esophagus.
Skin - Impaired wound healing, facial redness and increased sweating.
Central Nervous System - Convulsions, stroke, vertigo and headache.
Genitourinary - Menstrual irregularities, development of Cushingoid state and suppression of growth in pediatric patients.
Eye - Increased eye pressure and protruding eyeball.
* Avoid alcohol consumption. Storage Conditions :
Keep this medication out of the reach of children. Store it according to the package directions.
Comment & Contribute
Ask an Expert