This combination medication contains potassium-sparing diuretic and thiazide diuretic, prescribed for essential hypertension, and edema due to low potassium level in body. It eliminates salt (sodium) and water from the body.
Contraindicated in patients with urination problem, who are taking potassium-sparing agents and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 1-2 tablets or capsules daily (25mg/37.5mg). The maximum dose is 75/50 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of cirrhosis or liver problems, diabetes, gout, kidney problems or kidney stones, skin disorder, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn easily.
• In diabetic patients it may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, lung function, blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Hypersensitivity :
Shock, rash, hives, redness of the skin and photosensitivity.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm and low blood pressure.
• Metabolic : Increased sugar and acidity.
• Gastrointestinal : Jaundice and/or liver enzyme abnormalities, inflammation of pancreas, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and abdominal pain.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets, anemia and bruising.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps.
• Central Nervous System : Weakness, fatigue, dizziness, headache and dry mouth.
• Miscellaneous : Impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° to 25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...
There is a lining between the lungs and chest wall known as Pleura. The dismissal of pleura by a ...View All