This medication is an anticholinergic agent, prescribed for dry cough along with hydrocodone.
Homatropine ophthalmic is prescribed for eye inflammation.
Adult: PO- One (1) tablet or 5 ml (1 teaspoonful) of the oral solution every 4 to 6 hours as needed; do not exceed six (6) tablets or 30 ml (6 teaspoonfuls) in 24 hours.
Child: One-half (1/2) tablet or 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoonful) of the oral solution every 4 to 6 hours as needed; do not exceed three (3) tablets or 15 ml (3 teaspoonfuls) in 24 hours.
Eye Drops- Adult: Instill 1 to 2 drops in the eye once. Repeat within 5 to 10 minutes if necessary.
Child: Instill 1 to 2 drops into the affected eye up to every 3 to 4 hours.
It comes as a tablet, solution to take orally. It also comes as eye drops to instill into the affected eye(s).
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of certain eye problems, down syndrome, Addison's disease, breathing problems, brain disorders, severe infectious, diarrhea, kidney disease, liver disease, mental/mood disorders, spinal problems, recent surgery, underactive thyroid, alcohol abuse, difficulty in urinating, elderly, children, during pregnancy and lactation.
• It may cause dizziness, blurred vision, or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• This eye drops may cause harm if used internally, if it so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Central Nervous System: Sedation, drowsiness, mental clouding, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dizziness, psychic dependence and mood changes.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Genitourinary : Automatic jerking movements in urethral and urinary retention.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin: Rash and itching.
• Eye : Blurred vision, eye itching, burning or stinging and irritation at the application site.
Wear sun-glass while using this eye drops.
Store oral solution at controlled room temperature (25°C).
Eye Drops: Store it at room temperature, Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...
Sea food allergy is the adverse response of the body''s immune system to the proteins present in ...View All