This medication is an anticholinergic agent, prescribed for dry cough along with hydrocodone.
Homatropine ophthalmic is prescribed for eye inflammation.
Adult: PO- One (1) tablet or 5 ml (1 teaspoonful) of the oral solution every 4 to 6 hours as needed; do not exceed six (6) tablets or 30 ml (6 teaspoonfuls) in 24 hours.
Child: One-half (1/2) tablet or 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoonful) of the oral solution every 4 to 6 hours as needed; do not exceed three (3) tablets or 15 ml (3 teaspoonfuls) in 24 hours.
Eye Drops- Adult: Instill 1 to 2 drops in the eye once. Repeat within 5 to 10 minutes if necessary.
Child: Instill 1 to 2 drops into the affected eye up to every 3 to 4 hours.
It comes as a tablet, solution to take orally. It also comes as eye drops to instill into the affected eye(s).
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of certain eye problems, down syndrome, Addison's disease, breathing problems, brain disorders, severe infectious, diarrhea, kidney disease, liver disease, mental/mood disorders, spinal problems, recent surgery, underactive thyroid, alcohol abuse, difficulty in urinating, elderly, children, during pregnancy and lactation.
• It may cause dizziness, blurred vision, or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• This eye drops may cause harm if used internally, if it so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Central Nervous System: Sedation, drowsiness, mental clouding, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dizziness, psychic dependence and mood changes.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Genitourinary : Automatic jerking movements in urethral and urinary retention.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin: Rash and itching.
• Eye : Blurred vision, eye itching, burning or stinging and irritation at the application site.
Wear sun-glass while using this eye drops.
Store oral solution at controlled room temperature (25°C).
Eye Drops: Store it at room temperature, Keep away from children.
Hearing loss calculator is a quick online screening test to check for hearing loss. Result from ...
Home remedies such as baking soda, sugar, Epsom salt, black tea and castor oil exfoliate, soften ...
Immunosuppressant drugs suppress immunity. But why would you want to reduce immunity, which is ...View All