This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis, sinusitis, skin and skin structure infections, cystitis. It kills the bacteria that cause infection.
IV/PO- The recommended dose is 200 mg to 400 once a day for 3 to 10 days.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth with or without food. It also comes as a solution for eye drops to instill over the affected eyes.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, low potassium level in blood, brain disorders, diabetes, mineral imbalance, epilepsy, musculoskeletal problems, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common:
Nausea, vaginal inflammation, diarrhea, headache and dizziness.
• Body as a Whole: Allergic reactions, weakness, back pain, chest pain, chills, facial swelling and fever.
• Heart: High blood pressure and palpitations.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion, flatulence, inflammation of stomach/tongue/mouth, mouth ulcer, oral infection and vomiting.
• Metabolic: Increased sugar level in blood, swelling in the extremities and increased thirst.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint pain and leg cramps.
• Central Nervous System: Abnormal dreams, agitation, anxiety, confusion, sleeplessness, nervousness, tingling, drowsiness, tremor, dilatation of blood vessels and fainting.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing and inflammation of pharynx.
• Skin: Dry skin, itching, rash and sweating.
• Eye and ENT: Abnormal vision, taste perversion and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary: Painful urination.
Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...View All