This medication is an estrogen receptor antagonist, prescribed for advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women who have already been treated with other medications. It works by degrading the estrogen receptor.
Contraindicated in women, patients with low platelet count and known hypersensitivity.
IM- The recommended dose is 500 mg to be administered into the buttocks slowly.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with liver impairment, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Weakness, pain, back pain, abdominal pain, injection site pain, pelvic pain, chest pain, flu syndrome, fever and accidental injury.
• Heart : Dilatation of blood vessels.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities and elevation of liver enzymes.
• Musculoskeletal : Bone pain, joint pain.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, sleeplessness, tingling, depression, anxiety.
• Respiratory : Inflammation of pharynx, difficulty in breathing and increased cough.
• Skin : Rash, sweating.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2ï¿½-8ï¿½C). Do not freeze it. Protect from light.
Sarcoma, is a cancer that may arise from several soft-tissues or bone. Treatment in early stages is ...
A wonder drug, soda bicarb or baking soda can be used for skin, teeth, hair, kidneys and much more ...
Melasma, also called as chloasma, is a skin hyperpigmentation problem characterized by brown spots ...View All