This medication is a benzodiazepine, prescribed for sleep disorder. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, severe liver disorder, during pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
PO- The usual adult dosage is 30 mg before bedtime.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, mental illness, lung, kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
• People may perform some activities without their knowledge like driving car, eating food, sexual activities etc; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Most Common :
Dizziness, drowsiness, light-headedness, staggering, in-coordination and falling.
• Gastrointestinal : Heartburn, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and gastrointestinal pain.
• Miscellaneous : Headache, nervousness, talkativeness, apprehension, irritability, weakness, palpitations, chest pain, body and joint pain and genitourinary complaints.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All