This medication is an antimetabolite, prescribed for certain types of cancer such as colon, rectal, breast, stomach and pancreatic cancer. It works by blocking the growth of certain cells.
Contraindicated in patients with severe infection, who are taking sorivudine and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 1gm on alternate days, then 1 gm weekly.
IV- 12mg/kg/day for 4 days.
Topical: 0.5 -5%cream- Apply 1-2 times/day for 2-4 week.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with liver or kidney impairment, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have any infection.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid bruising or bleeding.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Burning, crusting, skin inflammation, erosions, redness of the skin, pigmentation, irritation, pain, photosensitivity, itching, scar, rash, soreness and ulceration.
• Central Nervous System : Emotional upset, sleeplessness and irritability.
• Gastrointestinal : Taste perversion and mouth ulcer.
• Blood : Eosinophilia, decrease in platelets and toxic granulation.
• Skin : Hair loss, blistering, scaling, swelling, tenderness and hives.
• Special Senses : Eye irritation, increased tears and nose irritation.
• Miscellaneous : Herpes simplex.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25ï¿½C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Our kitchen and food has the best medicinal properties to fight stress. These are the top 10 foods ...
Unripe green papaya fruit is a rich source of important nutrients including vitamins, proteins, & ...
Selfie obsession or selfitis, an obsessive, uncontrollable urge to post self-taken photographs on ...View All