This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for migraine occlusive peripheral vascular disease, vertigo of central and peripheral origin and as an adjuvant in the therapy of epilepsy.
Contraindicated in patients with history of depression or pre-existing extra pyramidal disorders and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 10mg/day at bedtime.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver, kidney diseases, increased eye pressure, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Most Common: Drowsiness and depression.
• Gastrointestinal: Heartburn, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
• Central Nervous system : Sleeplessness, dizziness, vertigo and anxiety disorder.
• Miscellaneous: Dry mouth, weakness, muscle aches and skin rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
The Hib vaccine protects children against infections like meningitis and pneumonia that are caused ...
Dysthymia or persistent depressive disorder (PDD) is a chronic low mood and self-esteem affecting ...
Vitamin A is an extremely vital vitamin needed for the eyes, skin, hair, immunity and during ...View All