This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for seasonal allergic reactions such as runny nose, sneezing, red, itchy, or watery eyes; itching. It blocks histamine's action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Adults: The recommended dose is 60 mg twice daily or 180 mg once daily with water.
Children 6 to 11 Years: The recommended dose is 30 mg twice daily with water.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with water.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems or trouble in urinating, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Extreme caution needed in children less than 6 months old.
• Central Nervous System :
Headache, fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness and nervousness.
• Gastrointestinal : Stomach discomfort, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstrual period.
• Respiratory : Cough, upper respiratory tract infection and runny nose.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, pain in extremity, fever and ear inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All