This medication is used to reduce the cholesterol in patients with obesity problem. It is a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (statin). It slows the production of cholesterol in the body.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, liver or severe kidney dysfunction.
PO- The recommended dose is 48-145 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, once daily, with or without food.
• Caution needed in patients with history of preexisting gallbladder disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Follow the diet, exercise and weight loss program given to you by your healthcare provider.
• Do not take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
• Monitor liver function test (LFT) before starting therapy and at 12 week after starting and periodically thereafter.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of muscular disease, kidney failure, kidney stones, gallbladder stones, and inflammation of pancreas. If it is so stop this medication.
Inflammation of the lining of the stomach, abdominal pain, Constipation, flatulence, upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System: Difficulty in sleeping, lack of energy and headache.
♦ • Musculoskeletal: Back pain, leg pain, joint pain, burning feet, and body ache, muscle pain, (rhabdomyolysis).
• Respiratory: Breathing problem and runny nose.
♦ • Miscellaneous: Abnormal liver function and numbness in legs and paradoxical decreases in HDL level.
Consultation with your doctor needed in the following conditions:muscle pain, tenderness or weakness.
Store at 25°C. Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All