Generic Name : Etoricoxib Pronunciation : ee-tor-i-coks-ib Therapeutic Classification : Antirheumatics ICD Code : Y45.4
India- Alcoxib, Biocoz, Coxet, Coxifact, Doricox, Ebov, Eleton, Erofica, Eteron, Eticox, Etobus, Etocos, Etody, Etofan, Etolex, Etom, Etonise, Etori, Etorica, Etornet, Etosaid 12, Etoshine, Etosym, Etoxib, Etozox, Etrik, Etro, Etrobax, E-Trom, Etro-P, Ezact, Foxib, Hicox, Hireto, Ifydrox, Intacoxia, Ixidol, Kingcox, Kretos, L-Kon, M-Kon, Nucoxia, Nucoxia-P, Nucoxia-Sp, O-Cox, Retoz, Santoxib, Starcoxia, Torcoxia, Torcoxia B, Tricoxia, Tricoxia-P, Tro, Tro-P, Vader, Vidmine, Xibra.
International- Arcoxia. Why it is prescribed (Indications) : This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gouty arthritis. It blocks a substance in the body named as cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2). When it is not to be taken (Contraindications): Contraindicated in patients with peptic ulcer, severe heart disease, stroke, and hypersensitivity.
Dosage & When it is to be taken : PO- Adult- The recommended dosage is 60 to 120mg once daily. How it should be taken : It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. Warnings and Precautions :
* Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver, kidney disease, high blood pressure, blood clotting disorder, any allergy, children, elderly, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
* Drink adequate fluid to avoid dehydration.
* Stop the medication immediately if gastrointestinal lesions occur.
* Monitor blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Side Effects :
Central Nervous System - Headache, dizziness, nervousness, depression, drowsiness, insomnia, vertigo and ringing in the ear.
Heart - Chest pain, high blood pressure and fluid retention.
Metabolic - Taste disturbances, mouth ulcer, loss of appetite and weight loss.
Miscellaneous - Kidney damage, fever, GI disorders, muscle pain and influenza-like syndrome.
* Avoid excess dosage. Storage Conditions :
Store it in refrigerator.
Comment & Contribute
Ask an Expert