This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gouty arthritis. It blocks a substance in the body named as cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2).
Contraindicated in patients with peptic ulcer, severe heart disease, stroke, and hypersensitivity.
PO- Adult- The recommended dosage is 60 to 120mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver, kidney disease, high blood pressure, blood clotting disorder, any allergy, children, elderly, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Drink adequate fluid to avoid dehydration.
• Stop the medication immediately if gastrointestinal lesions occur.
• Monitor blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
Headache, dizziness, nervousness, depression, drowsiness, insomnia, vertigo and ringing in the ear.
• Heart : Chest pain, high blood pressure and fluid retention.
• Metabolic : Taste disturbances, mouth ulcer, loss of appetite and weight loss.
• Miscellaneous : Kidney damage, fever, GI disorders, muscle pain and influenza-like syndrome.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator.
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...
Our kitchen and food has the best medicinal properties to fight stress. These are the top 10 foods ...View All