This medication is a succinimide anticonvulsant, prescribed for epilepsy. It controls the abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
PO- The initial dose for patients 3 to 6 years of age is one capsule (250 mg) per day; for patients 6 years of age and older, 2 capsules (500 mg) per day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, lupus, blood disorder, mental problems including suicidal thoughts, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children less than 3 years, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, incoordination and drowsiness, do not drive a car, operate dangerous machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Proper cleaning of tooth is needed; otherwise it may cause swelling and tenderness of your gums.
• Patients may develop with increased risk of suicidal thoughts; watch them carefully.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts and liver and kidney functions regularly while taking this medication.
♦• Body As A Whole :
Allergic reaction, DRESS syndrome.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, cramps, abdominal pain, weight loss and diarrhea.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells, platelets with or without bone marrow suppression and increase in eosinophilia.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, headache, dizziness, emotional state, hiccups, irritability, hyperactivity, lethargy, fatigue, incoordination, sleep disturbances, abnormal dreams, inability to concentrate and aggressiveness.
• Skin : Hives, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, itching, rashes and abnormal hair growth.
• Eye : Vision problem.
• Genitourinary : Vaginal bleeding and blood in urine.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25Â°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Proper understanding of waste collection, segregation and management is required to reduce the ...
Leukoplakia refers to a painless, raised white patch in the mouth that does not go away on rubbing, ...
Health insurance has emerged one of the fastest growing segments in the non-life insurance industry ...View All