This medication is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic, prescribed for insomnia. It slows activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2 mg immediately before bedtime. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, once a day at bedtime.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, liver disease, breathing problem, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of amnesia (memory loss); if it is so consult with your doctor.
• It should not be used in children less than 18 years old.
• Body as a Whole :
Headache, viral infections and accidental injury.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, indigestion, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, hallucinations, decreased sexual activity, nervousness, drowsiness, abnormal dreams and nerve pain.
• Respiratory : Infections.
• Skin : Rash and itching.
• ENT : Unpleasant taste.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstrual periods, breast enlargement in male and urinary tract infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15 to 30Â°C), and in an airtight container.
A prosthetic heart valve is an artificial device surgically implanted into the heart to replace a ...
PUVA or photochemotherapy is used to treat several skin disorders with the help of UV light and the ...
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...View All