Generic Name : Drospirenone- Estradiol- Levomefolate Pronunciation : droe-SPYE-re-none- ETH-i-nil ES-tra-DYE-ol- LEE-voe-me-FOE-late Therapeutic Classification : Contraceptives ICD Code : Y42.4
International- Beyaz. Why it is prescribed (Indications) :
This combination medication contains progesterone and estrogen, prescribed for preventing pregnancy. When it is not to be taken (Contraindications): Contraindicated in patients with heart problems, chest pain, headache, migraine, uncontrolled high blood pressure, endometrial, cervical, or vaginal cancer; undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding, blood clotting problems, severe blood clots, suspectable pregnancy, and hypersensitivity.
Dosage & When it is to be taken :
Take one tablet by mouth at the same time every day as directed by your healthcare provider. How it should be taken :
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, begin taking either on the first day of a woman's menstrual period (Day 1 Start) or on the first Sunday after the onset of her menstrual period (Sunday Start). Warnings and Precautions :
* Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, gallbladder problems, migraines, heart, liver, or kidney impairment, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, bleeding problems, mental illness, lupus, high blood minerals, varicose veins, yellowing of the eyes or skin, pancreas problems, seizures, hereditary angioedema, endometriosis, irregular menstrual periods, abnormal vaginal bleeding, breast lump, fibrocystic breast disease, breast cancer, overweight, before puberty, anemia, fluid retention, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
* It should not be used in children.
* Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
* It does not stop the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) to others, avoid sexual contact while taking this medication. Side Effects :
Most Common - Headache, menstrual irregularities, nausea, vomiting, breast pain, and tenderness.
Central Nervous System - Depression, headache and irritability.
Heart - Blood clots, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure.
Liver and Gall bladder - Gallbladder disease, liver function disturbances, and liver tumors.
Immune System - Hypersensitivity.
Metabolic - Increase blood potassium, diabetes.
Skin - Redness of the skin.
Gastrointestinal - Inflammatory bowel disease.
Musculoskeletal - Autoimmune disorder.
* Avoid excess dosage. Storage Conditions :
Store at 25°C.
Comment & Contribute
Ask an Expert