This medication is an appetite suppressant, prescribed for obesity. It is used along with diet and exercise. It works by suppressing appetite.
Contraindicated in patients with high blood pressure in the lungs, heart disease, blood clots, uncontrolled high blood pressure, overactive thyroid, increased eye pressure, who are taking MAOIs or within 14 days of MAOIs administration and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 75mg/day in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, 1 hour before food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart or blood vessel disease, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, seizures, drug abuse, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, ECG changes, fast heart rate, elevation of blood pressure and palpitations.
• Central Nervous System : Movement disorder, blurred vision, nervousness, restlessness, dizziness, involuntary movement, sleeplessness, anxiety, emotional state, depression, tremor, drowsiness, uneasiness, headache and stroke.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, dry mouth, unpleasant taste, nausea, constipation and other gastrointestinal disturbances.
• Allergic reactions : Hives, rash and skin discoloration/redness.
• Genitourinary : Impotence, changes in sexual activity, breast enlargement in males and irregular periods.
• Blood : Bone marrow depression and decrease in white blood cells.
• Miscellaneous : Painful urination, difficulty in breathing, hair loss, muscle pain, increased sweating and increased urinary frequency.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from moisture.
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...
There is a lining between the lungs and chest wall known as Pleura. The dismissal of pleura by a ...
Reflux nephropathy is the scarring and damage caused to the kidneys by reverse flow of urine from ...View All