This medication is an oral contraceptive, prescribed for prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use this product as a method of contraception.
Contraindicated in patients with uterine, cervical, liver and breast cancer, blood clot disorders, pregnancy, lactation, untreated endometriosis, jaundice, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, hypertension, increased lipid level, liver tumors, porphyria, prior to major surgery.
It should be taken exactly as directed by your physician, every day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, epilepsy, migraine, diabetes, heart, kidney or liver disease, familial defects of lipoprotein metabolism.
• It may increase the risk certain cancers, gallbladder disease in post menopausal women.
• Large doses may increase heart risk, high blood pressure, risk of thrombophlebitis and pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung) especially in smokers and women over 35 years of age.
• Bleeding or spotting may occur while taking this medication.
• Serious Effects:
Inflammation of vein, blood clot formation within veins, blood clot in lungs, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, gallbladder disease, liver tumors.
• Genitourinary: Breast tenderness or enlargement, absence of menstrual cycle, inflammation of vagina, including fungal infection, vaginal spotting or breakthrough bleeding; missed menstrual period.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, change in weight or appetite (increase or decrease), abdominal pain, cramps and bloating.
• Central Nervous System: Migraine, headache, dizziness; nervousness; fainting, slurred speech, weakness, mood swings.
• Respiratory: Shortness of breath
• Skin: Rash, bruising. • Hypersensitivity: Severe allergic reaction including hives, angioedema, and severe reactions with respiratory and circulatory symptoms, even resulting in death.
• Potentially Fatal: Breast, cervical or vaginal cancer may occur in people at risk for these cancers.
It may result in problems for contact lens users.
Store it at room temperature, store away from heat, moisture, and light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hand hygiene is a simple and affordable technique to prevent infections.
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...View All