This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for allergic rhinitis. It blocks the action of histamine, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Contraindicated in newborns, nursing mothers and patients with hypersensitivity.
The total daily dose for adults should not exceed 0.5 mg/kg/day.
Child- The usual dose is 2 mg (1/2 tablet) two or three times a day.
It comes as a tablet, capsule and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, increased eye pressure, ulcer, difficulty in urinating, heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• Central Nervous System :
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, tremor, irritability, sleeplessness, tingling, convulsions, emotional state, hallucination and faintness.
• Skin : Rash, edema, excessive sweating, hives and photosensitivity.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision, double vision, fainting and ringing in the ear.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart rate and shock.
• Blood : Anemia and decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Gastrointestinal : Liver failure, dryness of mouth, stomach distress, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and jaundice.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency, difficulty in urination, urinary retention and early menses.
• Respiratory : Dryness of nose and throat, sputum, tightness of chest, wheezing and nasal stuffiness.
• Miscellaneous : Fatigue, chills, headache and increased appetite/weight gain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature. Keep away from children. Do not allow the liquid to freeze.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All