This medication is an immunosuppressant, prescribed for prevention of organ rejection during transplantation. It is also used for psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and uveitis. It works by suppressing the immune system.
Adult- PO- The recommended initial dose range is 10 to 15mg/kg/day. Maintenance: 2 to 6mg/kg/day.
It comes as a capsule and suspension to take by mouth. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein. It also comes as eye drops to instill into the affected eyes.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with liver, kidney, brain or nerve problems, changes in blood mineral and cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, cancer, gout, infection, recent vaccination, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• ♦ Patient may develop with increased risk of Nephrotoxicity, skin cancer; wear protective clothing during outdoors.
• Avoid vaccination during the treatment period.
• This medication may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• ♦Avoid eating Grapefruit or drinking Grapefruit juice while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Kidney dysfunction, tremor and high blood pressure.
• Heart : Cramps.
• Skin : Abnormal growth of hair over the body surface.
• Central Nervous System : Convulsions and headache.
• Gastrointestinal : Overgrowth of gums, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, liver damage and abdominal discomfort.
• Autonomic Nervous System : Tingling and flushing.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and cancer in lymph nodes.
• Respiratory : Sinusitis.
• Miscellaneous : Breast enlargement in males.
Monitor blood sugar regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All