This medication is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA), prescribed for obsessive-compulsive disorder. It increases the amount of serotonin that needs to maintain mental balance.
♦ Contraindicated in patients with recent heart attack, hypersensitivity and it should not be given in combination, or within 14 days before or after treatment, with a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor, Who are taking linezolid or intravenous methylene blue.
Adult- Oral- The recommended dose range is 25 to 150mg/day.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of seizures, brain damage, urinary problems, increased eye pressure, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, thyroid problems, heart, kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal; withdraw gradually.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid becoming overheated in hot weather; otherwise it may cause heatstroke.
• It may develop an increased risk of suicidal thoughts in children and teenagers; watch them carefully.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may lead to sunburn.
• Body as a Whole :
Fatigue, increased or decreased weight, flushing, chest pain, fever, chills, allergy and weakness.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, lightheadedness, faintness, nervousness, tiredness, confusion, difficulty in sleeping, decreased sexual ability, decreased memory or concentration, headache, speech disorder and emotional lability.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, tooth disorder, difficulty in swallowing, nausea and vomiting.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, palpitation, fast heart rate and fainting.
• Respiratory : Inflammation of upper respiratory tract, cough, asthma and difficulty in breathing.
• Genitourinary:Common- Urinating disorder, urinary tract infection, urinary frequency/retention, painful urination and bladder inflammation.
• Female: Painful menstrual period, vaginal inflammation, absence of menstrual period, breast pain and white discharge.
• Male: Impotence.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal vision, taste perversion, ringing in the ear, dilatation of pupil, unequal size of the pupils.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle/joint pain, back pain and muscle weakness.
• Blood : Anemia and bruising.
• Metabolic : Increased thirst.
Do not allow anyone else to take this medication.
Store it at room temperature and away from moisture.
Urinary retention is a condition where a person is unable to voluntarily empty the urinary bladder ...
Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disorder of the thyroid causing hypothyroidism. Synthetic ...
Strokes occur when blood flow to an area of the brain is cut off. It is imperitive to detect the ...View All