This medication is a gastroprokinetic agent, prescribed for nighttime heartburn.
Contraindicated while co-administering with antibiotics, antidepressants, antifungals, protease inhibitors. Contraindicated in patients with uncorrected hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia, serious heart disease, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is one 10 mg tablet or 10 ml of the suspension 4 times daily
It comes as a tablet and suspension to take by mouth, 15 minutes before meals and at bedtime.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart failure, kidney failure, lung problems or advanced cancer, intestinal disorders or bleeding ulcers, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, constipation, flatulence, indigestion.
• Respiratory : Rhinitis, sinusitis, coughing, viral infection, upper respiratory tract infection.
• Body as a Whole : Pain, fever.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection, urination frequency, vaginal infection.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, anxiety, nervousness.
• Skin : Rash, itching.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Eye : Abnormal vision.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Sea food allergy is the adverse response of the body''s immune system to the proteins present in ...
Yellow fever is a hemorrhagic fever that is transmitted by infected mosquitoes and it can lead to ...
Routes of drug administration play a major role in a medical treatment. Selecting a right route of ...View All