This medication is a glucocorticoid, prescribed as a prophylactic therapy in treating asthma and in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. The medication arrests the release of chemicals in the body that causes inflammation.
Contraindicated in patients with acute exacerbation of asthma that does not respond to standard treatments with bronchodilators and steroids (asthmaticus); Known hypersensitivity.
Oral: The recommended dose is 80mcg to 320mcg, two times per day.
It comes as a solution for inhalation.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of tuberculosis, who are taking other medications especially steroid drugs, cataract, increased eye pressure, any infection, nose injury, during pregnancy, breastfeeding, children and elderly.
• If steroid dose is decreased patient may develop with an increased risk of asthma and skin disease, if it so consult with your doctor.
• Most Common:
Headache, inflammation of nasopharynx/sinuses, upper respiratory tract infection, joint pain, nasal congestion, pain in extremity and back pain.
• Infection: Oral fungal infection.
• Respiratory : Cough, dry throat and difficulty in breathing.
• Gastrointestinal: Dry mouth and nausea.
Monitor patient’s eyesight regularly.
Store it at room temperature (15° and 30°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...
Our kitchen and food has the best medicinal properties to fight stress. These are the top 10 foods ...View All