This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for allergic conditions such as itchy and watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, hay fever and common cold. It may also be used to relieve the itching from insect bites and bee stings.
Contraindicated in newborns and patients with hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Allergic conditions- 4 mg 4-6 hourly. Max: 24 mg/day.
IV/IM/SC- Adjunct in anaphylactic shock- 10-20 mg. Total max: 40 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein, muscle, or under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, lung disease, heart problems, high blood pressure, sugar, blood vessel problems, stroke, increased eye pressure, intestinal blockage, ulcer, urinary obstruction, enlarged prostate, seizures, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate dangerous machinery while taking this medication.
• If there is no improvement in your health condition after 1 week of treatment, consult with your doctor.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Most Common :
Drowsiness and chest mucus.
• Central nervous system : Headache, excitability, fatigue, nervousness and dizziness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, dry mouth, diarrhea, abdominal pain, increased appetite and weight.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention and urinary frequency.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain and weakness.
• Eye : Double vision.
• Respiratory : Inflammation of pharynx.
Avoid excess dosage.
Avoid long-term use of this medication.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 30° C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Parkinson's disease (PD) is a chronic and progressive disease of the nervous system, causing ...
Iridectomy is a procedure in which an opening is made in the iris of the eye.
Hand hygiene is a simple and affordable technique to prevent infections.View All