Generic Name : Chlordiazepoxide Pronunciation : klor dye az e pox' ide Therapeutic Classification : Anxiolytics, Sedatives And Hypnotics ICD Code : Y47.5
India- Anxizide Tab, Anxtri Tab, Belrest Tab, Cebrum Film-Coated Tab, Cloxide Film-Coated Tab, Cloxide Plus Film-Coated Tab, Cynosleep Tab, Dorpep Tab, Ebrium Tab, Equilibrium Tab, Lib-Ct Tab, Librium Tab, Librosym Tab, Librotop Film-Coated Tab, Restab Tab, Serepose Tab, Serepose-2 Tab, Trixia Tab, Weldip Tab, Xtracalm Tab, Zosar Tab.
International- H-Tran, Libritabs, Librium, Mitran, Poxi Mesural, Multum, Novapam, Risolid, Silibrin, Sonimen, Tropium, Zetran. Why it is prescribed (Indications) : This medication is a sedative/hypnotic, prescribed for anxiety disorders and withdrawal symptoms due to alcoholism. It inhibits the action of nerves that are very active in certain diseases. When it is not to be taken (Contraindications): Contraindicated in patients with severe liver disease, psychosis, increased eye pressure, who are taking sodium oxybate and hypersensitivity.
Dosage & When it is to be taken : PO- The recommended dose is 20 to 100mg. How it should be taken : It comes as a capsule and tablet to take by mouth with or without food. Warnings and Precautions :
* Caution should be exercised in patients with increased eye pressure, seizures, lung, heart or liver disease, suicidal thoughts, depression, respiratory problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
* It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
* Avoid alcohol consumption.
* Avoid smoking; otherwise it may decrease the drug effectiveness. Side Effects :
Most Common - Drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, weakness, dry mouth, diarrhea, stomach upset and changes in appetite.
Central Nervous System - Unsteadiness.
Liver - Jaundice and liver dysfunction.
* Avoid excess dosage. Storage Conditions :
Store it at room temperature and away from light. Keep away from children.
Comment & Contribute
Ask an Expert