This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for allergic reactions. It blocks the histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 10 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Headache, inflammation of pharynx, abdominal pain, cough, drowsiness, diarrhea, nosebleed, asthma, nausea and vomiting.
• Metabolic : Loss of appetite, flushing, increased salivation, urinary retention, dehydration, increased sugar, and thirst.
• Heart : Heart failure, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, and palpitations.
• Central Nervous System : Incoordination, confusion, slurred speech, leg cramps, tingling, fainting, paralysis, tremor, twitching, visual defect, abnormal thinking, agitation, memory loss, sleeplessness and nervousness.
• Gastrointestinal : Abnormal liver function, aggravated tooth caries, constipation, indigestion, flatulence, stomach inflammation, piles, increased appetite, blood in stool, rectal bleeding, mouth ulcer, tongue discoloration and tongue swelling.
• Genitourinary : Bladder inflammation, painful urination, blood in urine, urinary frequency, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection, painful menstrual period, irregular period, breast pain and vaginal inflammation.
• Eye and ENT : Deafness, ear pain, ear damage, ringing in the ear, taste perversion, blindness and increased eye pressure.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle weakness/pain, joint inflammation and joint pain.
• Respiratory : Lung inflammation, difficulty in breathing, increased sputum, pneumonia, respiratory disorder and upper respiratory tract infection.
• Skin : Pimples, hair loss, skin inflammation, eruption, dry skin, redness, itching, and hives.
• Body as a Whole : Accidental injury, weakness, back pain, chest pain, enlarged abdomen, face swelling, fever, hot flashes, increased weight, leg swelling, uneasiness, swelling in the extremities and rigors.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20-25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hand hygiene is a simple and affordable technique to prevent infections.
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...View All