This medication is broad-spectrum antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such as urinary tract infection, skin and soft- tissue, pharynx (throat) and tonsils (tonsillitis). This medication fights against the bacteria present in the body.
The recommended adult dose is 1 or 2 grams daily as a single dose or in two divided doses. The recommended dose for children is 30 mg/kg/day as a single dose or two divided doses.
It comes as a tablet, capsule and liquid to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, colitis, or stomach problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• Patient may experience diarrhea, blood in stools or stomach pain; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, blood in stools, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and rash.
• Allergic reactions : Itching, hives, difficulty in breathing or swallowing and wheezing.
• Miscellaneous : Unusual bleeding or bruising, sore throat and vaginal infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
A patient's struggle with Issacs' syndrome with no cure. Also known as neuromyotonia it is a rare ...
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...View All